Before moving on to the next point I'm taking this program to review what I've been teaching for the past several months. That's pretty good I think, distilling 18 months of teaching into 28 minutes. Here's the outline of that 18 months of teaching:
1. Before Jesus came Satan was the king of the world. The world, mankind were under his dominion. The Bible sometimes calls Satan's kingdom the reign of death or the power of darkness.
2. Jesus came with the good news that the time was fulfilled, the reign of God, the Kingdom of God, the Kingdom of heaven was here, another King was taking over.
3. This message, the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, was Jesus main message. It is what he preached, what he told his disciples to preach, what he said he had been sent to preach, what he told his disciples they were to preach in all the world, it was the message that the apostle Paul preached.
4. Jesus meant by the Kingdom of God, (Which is better translated, the Reign of God.) God's will being done upon the earth. Where things are the way God wants them to be. Where God's delivering power rescued people from the reign of Satan. The sick were healed. The captives were set free. The poor, for once, got some good news. So much of Christian theology seems dedicated to explaining God's absence in the world. his failure to act on our behalf. Jesus came with the message that the reign of God was now here.
5. As the result of his death and resurrection Jesus became the King of this world.
6. Jesus is now reigning until he overthrows all those supernatural powers which oppose the reign of God.
7. Jesus does this reigning through the Church.